Monday, December 8, 2008

None But Jesus

Jehovah - to be. To exist. To become known. Rophe - to restore. To heal. To make healthful. This precious name of God reveals to us that God is our healer. What does "heal" mean? To heal means to restore to normal, make healthful, to cure. God is our Healer! The first time He reveals this precious name is in Exodus 15:26: "He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you." In Isaiah 61:1-2, we are told that Jesus has come to bind up the brokenhearted. "The word translated in the Hebrew for 'bind up' can also be translated into 'heal'. In an instant, Jesus is wrapping Himself around us, the broken or wounded vessel. How comforting to know it is His presence that binds us up and heals us! In Psalms 147:3, "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Isn't it comforting to know that He cares about our bodies as well as our souls. He wants to heal us emotionally, spiritually, physically and mentally. We must call on Him to heal us. We must cry out in faith as Jeremiah did for God to heal us. (Jeremiah 17:14) "Heal me O Lord, and I will be healed." We must believe in who God is and that He will do what He has promised. He alone can heal us and make us whole. There are many things in this world that may "seem" to be able to make us feel better or heal us, but there is not but Jesus!

"There is no one else for me...None but Jesus. In the secret of Your presence, I know there I am restored. There is no one else for me...None but Jesus.(Hillsong)

Father, let that be our prayer...there is no one (or thing) for me but You. No one can heal the hurts in my heart but you. Give me the courage to give you these things and the faith to trust You to keep Your precious word. Thank you. Thank you for being my Jehovah Rophe.

Is Jehovah-Rophe revealing to you an area He wants to heal in your life, whether that be physical, emotional, or spiritual. How will you respond?


(Taken in part from Blue Letter Bible, and Thrilled by God, Devotions by DeDe.)

No comments: