Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Commission to Faith

We must keep God as Adonai always before us. It is then and only then that we come to realize that any gift we might have, any talent we have acquired, the way we look, the sound of our voice, indeed all that we are and will ever be, is there to serve His purpose and to glorify His name. It shows only His grace to broken vessels like us that we might have any talent at all and we have a responsibility (not just a choice) to use what we have to serve our Master’s purposes.
Let’s take a quick look at God’s words to Satan (the accuser) as the
dark angel presents himself before God. “Have you considered my servant Job?
There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God
and shuns evil.” (Job 1:8) Job was such wonderful servant that God picks him out as
an example to the fallen angel of the obedience of at least one man on earth. For
this he receives special attention, and a book in the bible.
What was special? He served God in his heart, in his mind and with his
strength. He prayed for his children, he shunned evil and had a healthy level of holy
fear for God. In short, Job knew his place in the ultimate scheme of things. That he
was a man, a servant of the Most High God. That all his wealth, health, family and
friends were from God, and he did not think for a moment about his own greatness.
At no time does it appear that he himself thought he was the greatest man in the
East – he left that up to the narrator! (see Job 1:3)
May we serve our Heavenly Master, Adonai, with the same level of holy fear and never forget our place as His servants!

Will you accept the following Commission to Faith?

Lord, today I accept my calling. Not to perfection or performance. My calling is to faith. I have been chosen for this generation. I have a place in the heritage of faith. I’m going to stop wishing and whining. I’m going to start believing and receiving. What Your Word says is mine. I won’t let others steal my hope. I will not argue with the Pharisee. I will believe, and therefore speak. For You, my God, are huge! Nothing is too hard for You. Our world needs Your wonders, Lord. Rise up from Your throne, O God. Renew Your works in our day. I confess the unbelief of my generation. And I ask You to begin Your revival of faith. In my own heart. For you are who You say You are. You can do what You say You can do. I am who You say I am. I can do all things through Christ. Your Word is alive and active in me. Enemy, hear me clearly. My Father is the Maker of heaven and earth. And you are under my feet! Because for today and the rest of my days, I’m believing God!!!

2 comments:

Randy said...

What an awesome thought to think that God said to satan, "Have you considered my servant, Job?" What an incredible testimony from God that He had considered Job and knew that Job was His servant! May that be said of me today. I accept the commission to faith (with much thanks to Beth Moore!) I also appreciate many of your congrat messages and emails about the award. Thanks so much.

livnfrog said...

I accept this commission to faith. It just gives me chills. I want to trust God and live a life as Job did. (However, honestly, I pray I won't have to walk his road, but nevertheless, I will choose to trust the Lord.) I want to be a "bondservant"... "one who is set free but RETURNS TO SERVE HIS MASTER." My prayer is that He will show me how to serve Him in this season in my life... how can I please my King. That is my prayer.