Friday, November 14, 2008

Trusting My Great Master

I so hope this post finds you well! I am so excited to share with you a different aspect of our relationship with Adonai. I love author and Bible Study teacher, Mary Kassain. She recently wrote something concerning the topic of the faithfulness of our Lord [Adonai] that I wanted to share with you. When we consider the master-servant relationship, we often focus on a servant's responsibility to follow and obey. But wouldn't it be refreshing and encouraging to focus for a moment instead on the responsibility of a master? What does a good master contribute to the master-servant relationship? Read what she wrote;

"The Bible teaches that the relationship between a master and servant begins with the master." Think about that for a minute... "Jewish servants were considered members of their master's households; their masters extended them both protection and privilege. Masters were responsible for meeting their servants' needs for food, shelter, clothing, and other necessities. Masters also provided training, instruction, guidance, and accountability for the work of their servants. They promoted faithful servants to positions of great authority and responsibility."

Adonai, our Great Master, is faithful to meet our needs. He can be trusted to meet our needs as we serve Him over and over and over again. Let's just look at some of the many things Adnoai does for His servants:

* He looses their bonds (Ps. 116:16)
* He daily bears their burdens (Ps. 68:19)
* He is good to them and forgives them (Ps. 86: 4-5)
* He is merciful and gracious to them ( Ps. 86:15)
* He is abounding in love and faithfulness to them (Ps. 86:15)
* He gives His strength to them (Ps. 86:16)
* He is their helper and upholds their lives (Ps 54:4)
* He makes them glad (Ps. 86:4)

Reading these reminders, no wonder David exclaimed to the Lord, "You are my [Adonai]; I have no good apart from you" (Ps. 16:2).

Why don't you take a minute and go through the above points and replace them and their with my and me. It is so refreshing to remind yourself of how faithful your Master is to you.


My Great Master,

"To you I lift up my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens! Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God." It is to You, that I do lift up my eyes, and praise You for your faithfulness to me. Even when I am faithless, You are faithful. Thank you for reminding me today of so many of the ways You prove yourself trustworthy and attentive to my needs. Even the needs I don't know I have, You are faithful to meet. I exalt you, God, as Adonai, my Great Master. May You find your servant faithful to You today.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

**Please take a minute today and leave a comment about how faithful your Master has been to you as you serve Him**

3 comments:

Randy said...

I cannot even begin to tell folks how faithful God has been to me and my family. I was telling Susan the other day that for some reason, God just keeps proving Himself over and over and over again to us. I so appreciate these devotions and look forward to sharing with you Sunday about the great name-Jehovah Rohi: The Lord is My Shepherd!

livnfrog said...

I really love these devotions... they are me to remember and just dwell and meditate on what God is speaking to me. And it's just taking me deeper into these names of God. I don't even know if it would be possible, but it would be awesome to continue these blogs after this series... helping us all to take Sunday's message a step further. I don't want to leave on Sunday and forget all that God has said. I want to "sew" it in my heart. Thanks to everyone for all the hard work!

livnfrog said...

Can we start a blog on "grammer" and how to finish sentences?? Looks like I need help there, too! :)